Continuing our study of Revelation 19.
Revelation 19:11a ‘With justice he judges and makes war.’
Revelation chapter eighteen described the sudden downfall of Mystery Babylon and its satanic hold on the world. The city will be ruined by the antichrist himself. The earth is being consecrated once more.
Here we see Jesus preparing to fight and the antichrist and the ten nations that he has persuaded or coerced into fighting alongside him.
Zechariah 13:3 ‘Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle.’
The enemy has brought nothing but evil into this world. The perfect righteousness of God has no other course but to bring judgement against him and his followers.
Psalm 89:14 ‘Righteousness and judgement are the foundation of your throne, love and faithfulness go before you. Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord.’
The Lord will bring true justice into this world.
- Revelation 21:22 The light of JerusalemJerusalem will be the centre of the world and the nations will tithe their wealth to Jesus. Previously, the kings of the earth have rebelled against Christ Jesus and Jerusalem but now they pay homage.
- Revelation 21:9 ‘From a mountain…’This describes the city as having twelve visible foundations, and this suggests it is a stepped pyramid construction. The city would have twelve levels, decreasing in size, each one built on its own foundation, ascending to form a pyramid with the top level being the apex of the city.
- Revelation 21:6 He who is thirstyThe goods of this world will crumble in our hands, swept away by the latest flood or fire, but the riches of God’s kingdom will stand forever.
- Revelation 21:4 Changes coming…Life holds its fair share of tragedies and these words are a soothing balm to those who have held on and endured. The world will not remain the same and the cruelties of life are not our destiny. The curse that has cast such a deep shadow upon this world, caused by the sin of man, will pass away and the blessing of redemption will shine its goodness upon the righteous in Christ Jesus for all eternity.
- Revelation 21:3 The New JerusalemWe discussed yesterday that God is bringing us all together, like the proud father that He is. Many of us will be centred at the New Jerusalem and many will live away but yet return on frequent pilgrimages to our new home city. For many of us, our present time is one of suffering and tribulation but this time will pass away and we will enter into an eternity of blessing. And it will have been so worth remaining faithful!