Continuing our study of Revelation 19.
Revelation 19:3 ‘Again they shouted: Hallelujah! The smoke from her goes up from her forever and ever. The twenty four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshipped God who was seated on the throne. And they cried: Amen. Hallelujah!
The destruction of Babylon will be such a significant moment. The earth will have been cleansed from its opulent rotting influence that has brought such injustice and enslaved so many.
With its dramatic demise, now the earth is ready to receive the glorious kingdom of Jesus.
Revelation 19:6 ‘Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting, Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns…’
This side of glory, we pass through victories and defeats, as we march faithfully on. But even the most stoic and conservative amongst us might be forgiven here for ‘hollerin and a hooterin’ around the yard and throwing his hat up wildly in the air!
For our Lord reigns! And a wedding is coming!
- Revelation 21:22 The light of JerusalemJerusalem will be the centre of the world and the nations will tithe their wealth to Jesus. Previously, the kings of the earth have rebelled against Christ Jesus and Jerusalem but now they pay homage.
- Revelation 21:9 ‘From a mountain…’This describes the city as having twelve visible foundations, and this suggests it is a stepped pyramid construction. The city would have twelve levels, decreasing in size, each one built on its own foundation, ascending to form a pyramid with the top level being the apex of the city.
- Revelation 21:6 He who is thirstyThe goods of this world will crumble in our hands, swept away by the latest flood or fire, but the riches of God’s kingdom will stand forever.
- Revelation 21:4 Changes coming…Life holds its fair share of tragedies and these words are a soothing balm to those who have held on and endured. The world will not remain the same and the cruelties of life are not our destiny. The curse that has cast such a deep shadow upon this world, caused by the sin of man, will pass away and the blessing of redemption will shine its goodness upon the righteous in Christ Jesus for all eternity.
- Revelation 21:3 The New JerusalemWe discussed yesterday that God is bringing us all together, like the proud father that He is. Many of us will be centred at the New Jerusalem and many will live away but yet return on frequent pilgrimages to our new home city. For many of us, our present time is one of suffering and tribulation but this time will pass away and we will enter into an eternity of blessing. And it will have been so worth remaining faithful!