Continuing our study of Revelation 17
Revelation 17:14 ‘They will make war against the Lamb but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings – and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.’
The antichrist will gather his forces against Jerusalem, seeking to fulfil the ambitions of his evil master.
Ezekiel 38:7 ‘Get ready; be prepared , you and all the hordes gathered about you, and take command of them. After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate.’
They will be a formidable army.
Ezekiel 38:15 ‘You will come from your place in the far north, you and many nations with you…’
But there will only ever be one victor.
The battle will be very much one-sided.
Zechariah 14:3 ‘Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations as he fights in the day of battle.’
Jesus will ride out to bring justice.
Revelation 19:1 ‘I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse whose rider is called Faithful and True.’
He will not be alone.
Revelation 19:14 ‘The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.’
Jesus will bring divine rule.
Revelation 19:15 ‘Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron sceptre.’
And the end will come quickly:
Revelation 19:17 ‘And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried out in a loud voice, to all the birds flying in mid-air, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals and mighty men, of horses and their riders…’
The Lord will be victorious!
Thank you for reading this.
To get to my commentaries on Revelation chapter 1-3 please click below:
- Revelation 19:11 Faithful and TrueOur testimony is that Jesus has been faithful and true and stood alongside, through every storm that has been thrown at us, and never let go of us ever!
- Revelation 19:10 The Testimony of Jesus…One understanding of the testimony of Jesus is that he will return as the radiant King; and he will bring peace and righteousness to this earth when he establishes his kingdom and reigns from Jerusalem.
- Revelation 19:9 InvitedThe Church as a whole will be invited to the wedding as a corporate being but we will also be invited as individuals, by virtue of our personal salvation that we have received.For many of us who are not usually invited to high-society events and who are often left out and behind, this comes as a blessing indeed!
- Revelation 19:7 Eager AnticipationIn the same way, we are called to look forward to the day when we meet with Christ Jesus, on the day that he returns in power and glory. He is our blessed hope and our lives lived here on earth should be directed towards this coming moment.
- Revelation 19:7 A Wedding!I pray that we will live out our salvation with fear and trembling, and walk closely with our Lord, that we might walk with confidence and reassurance, knowing that we will be warmly welcomed and honoured as a guest, wearing the white robes of righteousness.