Continuing our study of Revelation 17.
Revelation 17:12 ‘The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast.’
The end-time Islamic Empire will draw in ten other nations to fulfil its ambitions.
Daniel 7:24 ‘The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom.’
Ezekiel 38:5 ‘Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer with all its troops and Beth Togarmah from the far north, the many nations with you.
These kings or nations still exist under modern names and all are Islamic in persuasion.
They will swear allegiance and join forces with the Islamic Empire in their opposition to the nation of Israel. From their midst will emerge the antichrist beast himself.
Daniel 7:24 ‘The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings.’
And so another king will arise who will become the infamous antichrist.
Daniel 8:23 ‘In the latter part of their reign, when rebels have become completely wicked, a stern-faced king, a master of intrigue, will arise. He will become very strong but not by his own power.
Note that he will be empowered by his evil master.
Daniel 8:24a ‘He will cause astounding devastation and will succeed in whatever he does. He will destroy the mighty men and the holy people. He will cause deceit to prosper and he will consider himself superior. When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed but not by human power.’
He will seem to be indomitable and many will be discouraged. Some will fall away, overawed by the darkness.
Revelation 13:4a ‘Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?
But yet he will be destroyed but not by human power. He will seem to be all-powerful but yet Lord Jesus will destroy him in a moment.
2Thessalonians 2:8 ‘And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendour of his coming.’
May we hold on to this truth and bury it deep into our hearts.
Thank you for reading this and your support!
- Revelation 19:11 Faithful and TrueOur testimony is that Jesus has been faithful and true and stood alongside, through every storm that has been thrown at us, and never let go of us ever!
- Revelation 19:10 The Testimony of Jesus…One understanding of the testimony of Jesus is that he will return as the radiant King; and he will bring peace and righteousness to this earth when he establishes his kingdom and reigns from Jerusalem.
- Revelation 19:9 InvitedThe Church as a whole will be invited to the wedding as a corporate being but we will also be invited as individuals, by virtue of our personal salvation that we have received.For many of us who are not usually invited to high-society events and who are often left out and behind, this comes as a blessing indeed!
- Revelation 19:7 Eager AnticipationIn the same way, we are called to look forward to the day when we meet with Christ Jesus, on the day that he returns in power and glory. He is our blessed hope and our lives lived here on earth should be directed towards this coming moment.
- Revelation 19:7 A Wedding!I pray that we will live out our salvation with fear and trembling, and walk closely with our Lord, that we might walk with confidence and reassurance, knowing that we will be warmly welcomed and honoured as a guest, wearing the white robes of righteousness.