Continuing our study of Revelation 17.
Revelation 17:1a ‘Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute who sits on many waters. With her the kings of the earth committed adultery and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.’
I am sure that you do not need me to tell you that the world seems to be under the control of an unfair system. Whatever happens, one can be sure that the rich and powerful will prosper and the poor and weak will suffer. There will always be exceptions but generally this seems to be the way. The dice have been weighted unfairly.
These days, the airwaves are full to the brim with talk of a one-world government system, and the World Economic Forum is often mentioned in this conversation. I have to confess that I am a real country-boy and much of this debate goes well over my head.
Some declare that this is all nonsense and no more than a high-fluting conspiracy theory. Others assert there is no better place to hide a coming reality than in the midst of a bowl of conspiracy theories.
The enemy has always been jealous of God and His sovereign Kingdom. He will try to emulate this Kingdom by forging his own alternative system, using guile and coercion to keep his subjects in tow. The principle of this false kingdom has always been in existence and has shaped and governed the nations over the generations. This false kingdom will reach its zenith with the rise of the antichrist.
And so the great prostitute is usually understood as describing a global elite coming together to form a world government that will control the world. They will offer solutions to the deepening crisis that are engulfing the world but their motive will be to entrap innocent people in a system of control.
Their computerised technology, that promises to bring answers to every problem, will prove to be illusory. They will build their own universe, by virtue of helmets on our heads, but their creations will become multi-coloured prisons.
The kings of the earth, including political leaders and wealthy bankers, will become drunk on the power and wealth that they will yield.
Their evil dreams will be great but will come to nothing.
Tomorrow, the antichrist beast and the harlot will come together.
Thank you for reading this…
- Revelation 19:11 Faithful and TrueOur testimony is that Jesus has been faithful and true and stood alongside, through every storm that has been thrown at us, and never let go of us ever!
- Revelation 19:10 The Testimony of Jesus…One understanding of the testimony of Jesus is that he will return as the radiant King; and he will bring peace and righteousness to this earth when he establishes his kingdom and reigns from Jerusalem.
- Revelation 19:9 InvitedThe Church as a whole will be invited to the wedding as a corporate being but we will also be invited as individuals, by virtue of our personal salvation that we have received.For many of us who are not usually invited to high-society events and who are often left out and behind, this comes as a blessing indeed!
- Revelation 19:7 Eager AnticipationIn the same way, we are called to look forward to the day when we meet with Christ Jesus, on the day that he returns in power and glory. He is our blessed hope and our lives lived here on earth should be directed towards this coming moment.
- Revelation 19:7 A Wedding!I pray that we will live out our salvation with fear and trembling, and walk closely with our Lord, that we might walk with confidence and reassurance, knowing that we will be warmly welcomed and honoured as a guest, wearing the white robes of righteousness.