Continuing our study of Revelation 16.
Revelation 16:19 ‘The great city split into three parts and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath. Every island fled away and the mountains could not be found.’
The earthquake will bring destruction to Babylon the Great. We will be exploring the identity of this destructive city in subsequent posts. We see here though that God pours out His wrath upon this city and all those that have associated with her.
Revelation 16:21 ‘From the sky huge hailstones of about a hundred pounds each fell upon men. And they cursed God on account of the plague of hail because the plague was so terrible.’
The city suffers the wrath but also the inhabitants of the city who propagate its evil. These hailstones are of a fair weight and will be devastating to those caught out in the open due to the earthquake.
They curse God for the hail. Not for one moment do they blame themselves or consider that their own evil conduct has caused this punishment. They are consumed by their own self-justification. They have not one thought of repentance; they have given themselves over completely to their evil and ungodly ways and there is no way back for them. Their eternal destiny of hell awaits them.
Thank you for reading this and your support…
- Revelation 19:11 Faithful and TrueOur testimony is that Jesus has been faithful and true and stood alongside, through every storm that has been thrown at us, and never let go of us ever!
- Revelation 19:10 The Testimony of Jesus…One understanding of the testimony of Jesus is that he will return as the radiant King; and he will bring peace and righteousness to this earth when he establishes his kingdom and reigns from Jerusalem.
- Revelation 19:9 InvitedThe Church as a whole will be invited to the wedding as a corporate being but we will also be invited as individuals, by virtue of our personal salvation that we have received.For many of us who are not usually invited to high-society events and who are often left out and behind, this comes as a blessing indeed!
- Revelation 19:7 Eager AnticipationIn the same way, we are called to look forward to the day when we meet with Christ Jesus, on the day that he returns in power and glory. He is our blessed hope and our lives lived here on earth should be directed towards this coming moment.
- Revelation 19:7 A Wedding!I pray that we will live out our salvation with fear and trembling, and walk closely with our Lord, that we might walk with confidence and reassurance, knowing that we will be warmly welcomed and honoured as a guest, wearing the white robes of righteousness.