Continuing our study of Revelation 15.
Revelation 15:3 ‘Great and marvellous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty, just and true are your ways, King of the ages. Who will not fear you, O Lord and bring glory to your name.’
The past few chapters of Revelation may well have shaken us to the core. The previous chapter describes bloodshed on an industrial scale.
Can God really allow such terrible events to happen? What right does He have to allow this? Who on earth does God think He is?
These are some of the questions that often arise when people approach Revelation. Many struggle with the devastation and sheer loss of life that is described. It all rather sounds like a horror movie gone tragically wrong.
Ultimately it comes down to whether we can trust God and His glorious righteousness. Can we really trust that the King of the ages is just and true?
If you struggle with the horror of Revelation then you are certainly not alone. The absolute horror reflects the weight of sin that has corrupted man to the core.
But as we embrace these sacred truths, they will bring us deeper, far deeper than ever before, into an understanding of the heart, into an understanding of the perfect holiness of God.
God is bringing perfect righteousness!
And we will glorify His name forever!
Thank you for reading this!
- Revelation 19:11 Faithful and TrueOur testimony is that Jesus has been faithful and true and stood alongside, through every storm that has been thrown at us, and never let go of us ever!
- Revelation 19:10 The Testimony of Jesus…One understanding of the testimony of Jesus is that he will return as the radiant King; and he will bring peace and righteousness to this earth when he establishes his kingdom and reigns from Jerusalem.
- Revelation 19:9 InvitedThe Church as a whole will be invited to the wedding as a corporate being but we will also be invited as individuals, by virtue of our personal salvation that we have received.For many of us who are not usually invited to high-society events and who are often left out and behind, this comes as a blessing indeed!
- Revelation 19:7 Eager AnticipationIn the same way, we are called to look forward to the day when we meet with Christ Jesus, on the day that he returns in power and glory. He is our blessed hope and our lives lived here on earth should be directed towards this coming moment.
- Revelation 19:7 A Wedding!I pray that we will live out our salvation with fear and trembling, and walk closely with our Lord, that we might walk with confidence and reassurance, knowing that we will be warmly welcomed and honoured as a guest, wearing the white robes of righteousness.