Continuing our study of Revelation 14.
Revelation 14:10a ‘He will be tormented with burning sulphur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment rises forever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image or for anyone who receives the mark of his name.’
This is a horrible passage, without doubt.
The consequences of taking the mark of the beast cannot be exaggerated. The future of those who succumb will be eternal torment. Sadly, not only non-christians but many christians, who refuse to prepare their hearts for the end-time persecutions, will find themselves in this category.
The time to prepare your heart and resolve to absolutely refuse the mark of the beast is now. Whatever form it will take, we need to be firm and prepared and able to stand strong, and able to help and advise others.
Revelation 14:12 ‘This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God’s commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.’
This verse says it all, much better than I ever could!
We are running a marathon and we will need endurance, even though it feels like a sprint at times!
- Revelation 15:3 A Deeper UnderstandingPlease click image to reaf full post and scroll down. If you struggle with the horror of Revelation then you are certainly not alone. The absolute horror reflects the weight of sin that has corrupted man to the core. But as we embrace these sacred truths, they will bring us deeper, far deeper than ever before, into an understanding of the heart, into an understanding of the perfect holiness of God.
- Revelation 15:3 Moses and JesusPlease tap image to see full post The mention of both Moses and Jesus the Lamb in the same sentence strengthens the idea that Jesus will be the perfect Moses, who will deliver Israel, imprisoned or exiled by the antichrist and lead them victoriously back to Jerusalem.
- Revelation 15:1 Glass and FireThe bitterness of martyrdom gives way to eternal celebration. Their victory has always been dependent upon the strength that God provides and this is reflected in the harps given to them by God. And what a glorious celebration. The enemy has been defeated and the bowls of wrath will bring this evil age to a conclusion. The joy of eternity awaits!
- Revelation 14:20 The battlefieldTo read full post please tap image and scroll down. There is a justice here, that as Christ Jesus was crucified outside of the city, so this battle will take place outside too. Those who hold to the idea that Jesus is a humble servant will be stretched by the description of Jesus as the mighty bloody warrior.
- Revelation 14:20 Trampled winepressTo read full post please click image and scroll down. In the past few posts we have explored the corn harvest which I suggested will be the harvest of the redeemed and then the grape harvest which is clearly the wrath of God being poured out upon the wicked. God will inspire the antichrist to march against Jerusalem but it will be a foolish move.