Continuing our study of Revelation 13
Revelation 13:16 ‘He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead.’
The next few verses in this remarkable chapter have been well chewed over and written about in volumes.
We have seen how the false prophet will build some form of deceptive image of the antichrist and coerce the world to bow before it or else be killed.
We see here that he will also create some form of distinguishing mark that will identify those who align themselves with the beast’s empire and those who remain faithful to the Lord.
Much has been written about this distinguishing mark. Some suggest we will receive computer chips or pins or whatever, and they may be right.
Some have suggested that the covid injections have been a form of the mark of the beast but this seems unlikely. This distinguishing mark will be forced upon us but at the same time we will be aware of its meaning. We may be coerced into receiving it but we will not receive it by mistake.
I have sympathy though for those who suggest that the covid experience and the ensuing vaccination passports are all leading us on the path of compliance and conformity.
It seems that every day, more and more of our personal information is being half-inched and stored in some devious computer somewhere.
The writing is being carved upon the wall in bold letters.
Thank you for reading this…
- Revelation 15:3 A Deeper UnderstandingPlease click image to reaf full post and scroll down. If you struggle with the horror of Revelation then you are certainly not alone. The absolute horror reflects the weight of sin that has corrupted man to the core. But as we embrace these sacred truths, they will bring us deeper, far deeper than ever before, into an understanding of the heart, into an understanding of the perfect holiness of God.
- Revelation 15:3 Moses and JesusPlease tap image to see full post The mention of both Moses and Jesus the Lamb in the same sentence strengthens the idea that Jesus will be the perfect Moses, who will deliver Israel, imprisoned or exiled by the antichrist and lead them victoriously back to Jerusalem.
- Revelation 15:1 Glass and FireThe bitterness of martyrdom gives way to eternal celebration. Their victory has always been dependent upon the strength that God provides and this is reflected in the harps given to them by God. And what a glorious celebration. The enemy has been defeated and the bowls of wrath will bring this evil age to a conclusion. The joy of eternity awaits!
- Revelation 14:20 The battlefieldTo read full post please tap image and scroll down. There is a justice here, that as Christ Jesus was crucified outside of the city, so this battle will take place outside too. Those who hold to the idea that Jesus is a humble servant will be stretched by the description of Jesus as the mighty bloody warrior.
- Revelation 14:20 Trampled winepressTo read full post please click image and scroll down. In the past few posts we have explored the corn harvest which I suggested will be the harvest of the redeemed and then the grape harvest which is clearly the wrath of God being poured out upon the wicked. God will inspire the antichrist to march against Jerusalem but it will be a foolish move.