Revelation 13:14 ‘Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth.’
The false prophet will perform many impressive counterfeit signs and wonders that will deceive the populace. They will follow the antichrist, taken in by his seemingly miraculous signs.
The inhabitants of this world have been well-prepared for this moment.
Our screens have been saturated with super-heroes who are well capable of accomplishing all manner of impressive stunts. The antichrist will emerge as the latest superhero of his time.
A whole generation has been soaked in the quest to discover dark secrets and magic formulas. Like moths to the proverbial flame, they will be drawn by the supernatural incantations of the false prophet who will open the door to ever deeper spiritual experiences and false knowledge.
Christians who have only developed a shallow understanding of scripture and have not been prepared for the end-time outpouring of deception will be easily fooled and will lose their way.
Daniel 12:3 ‘Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens and those who lead many to righteousness like the stars for ever and ever,’
Let us be like the ones above, prepared and ready to serve, and keeping close to the Word of God that we will be the light for our path in those days.
Thank you for your support and for reading this…
- Revelation 15:3 A Deeper UnderstandingPlease click image to reaf full post and scroll down. If you struggle with the horror of Revelation then you are certainly not alone. The absolute horror reflects the weight of sin that has corrupted man to the core. But as we embrace these sacred truths, they will bring us deeper, far deeper than ever before, into an understanding of the heart, into an understanding of the perfect holiness of God.
- Revelation 15:3 Moses and JesusPlease tap image to see full post The mention of both Moses and Jesus the Lamb in the same sentence strengthens the idea that Jesus will be the perfect Moses, who will deliver Israel, imprisoned or exiled by the antichrist and lead them victoriously back to Jerusalem.
- Revelation 15:1 Glass and FireThe bitterness of martyrdom gives way to eternal celebration. Their victory has always been dependent upon the strength that God provides and this is reflected in the harps given to them by God. And what a glorious celebration. The enemy has been defeated and the bowls of wrath will bring this evil age to a conclusion. The joy of eternity awaits!
- Revelation 14:20 The battlefieldTo read full post please tap image and scroll down. There is a justice here, that as Christ Jesus was crucified outside of the city, so this battle will take place outside too. Those who hold to the idea that Jesus is a humble servant will be stretched by the description of Jesus as the mighty bloody warrior.
- Revelation 14:20 Trampled winepressTo read full post please click image and scroll down. In the past few posts we have explored the corn harvest which I suggested will be the harvest of the redeemed and then the grape harvest which is clearly the wrath of God being poured out upon the wicked. God will inspire the antichrist to march against Jerusalem but it will be a foolish move.