Revelation 13:13 ‘And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven in full view of men.
I love magic shows. I can sit totally spellbound as the magician walks through walls or conjures up bunches of daffodils, seemingly from nowhere.
The false prophet will perform miraculous signs and men will be entranced and follow where he leads.
We have been warned already.
2 Thessalonians 2:9 ‘The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan, displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing.’
These counterfeit miracles may be impressive but their source will be evil and will lead many gullible fools to perish.
Matthew 24:24 ‘For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive even the elect – if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time.’
In the last days, great powers and miraculous signs will abound. The gift of discernment will be essential to separate true God-given miracles and the counterfeit versions from the enemy.
We have been warned to be on our guard, not cynical of the real deal but yet not taken in by the deceptive counterfeit.
Thank you for reading this!
- Revelation 16:1 Painful SoresAnd so we enter into a grim and melancholy chapter. There is little cheer to be found here. Those who have taken the mark of the beast, hoping to find some form of reward or relief, and having surrendered their soul to the worship of the beast in some shape or form, now find themselves reaping a bitter harvest of ugly and painful sores.
- Revelation 15:8 HolinessPlease click image and scroll down to see full picture. Once again, these precious verses remind us that God moves in heavenly righteousness. The seven angels are dressed in robes of perfect holiness and they carry the seven plagues that will purge and cleanse this corrupted world. The temple is filled with the glory of God as He brings perfect holiness and righteousness to bear down on this earth.
- Revelation 15:3 A Deeper UnderstandingPlease click image to reaf full post and scroll down. If you struggle with the horror of Revelation then you are certainly not alone. The absolute horror reflects the weight of sin that has corrupted man to the core. But as we embrace these sacred truths, they will bring us deeper, far deeper than ever before, into an understanding of the heart, into an understanding of the perfect holiness of God.
- Revelation 15:3 Moses and JesusPlease tap image to see full post The mention of both Moses and Jesus the Lamb in the same sentence strengthens the idea that Jesus will be the perfect Moses, who will deliver Israel, imprisoned or exiled by the antichrist and lead them victoriously back to Jerusalem.
- Revelation 15:1 Glass and FireThe bitterness of martyrdom gives way to eternal celebration. Their victory has always been dependent upon the strength that God provides and this is reflected in the harps given to them by God. And what a glorious celebration. The enemy has been defeated and the bowls of wrath will bring this evil age to a conclusion. The joy of eternity awaits!