Continuing our study of Revelation 13.
Revelation 13:2a ‘The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.’
Please note that I use the term ‘beast’ and ‘antichrist’ interchangeably in this post.
The antichrist, by himself, can achieve very little but he will be endowed with tremendous abilities by his evil master.
These abilities will astound the world! Simply by worshipping the beast they will be able to involve themselves in these miraculous gifts and abilities. A generation that has grown up secretly wanting to have the powers of their super-heroes on the screen will willingly give themselves to be a part.
In Germany in the 1930’s, a whole swath of that generation were taken up by the dark charisma of their leader and his political party.
We all like to be on the winning side and the antichrist will offer all the temptations that victory can offer. He will offer purpose and vision to a lost generation. They will follow him, without discernment, but yet his promises will prove to be illusory and his path will lead to deception and destruction.
Thank you for reading this.
- Revelation 16:1 Painful SoresAnd so we enter into a grim and melancholy chapter. There is little cheer to be found here. Those who have taken the mark of the beast, hoping to find some form of reward or relief, and having surrendered their soul to the worship of the beast in some shape or form, now find themselves reaping a bitter harvest of ugly and painful sores.
- Revelation 15:8 HolinessPlease click image and scroll down to see full picture. Once again, these precious verses remind us that God moves in heavenly righteousness. The seven angels are dressed in robes of perfect holiness and they carry the seven plagues that will purge and cleanse this corrupted world. The temple is filled with the glory of God as He brings perfect holiness and righteousness to bear down on this earth.
- Revelation 15:3 A Deeper UnderstandingPlease click image to reaf full post and scroll down. If you struggle with the horror of Revelation then you are certainly not alone. The absolute horror reflects the weight of sin that has corrupted man to the core. But as we embrace these sacred truths, they will bring us deeper, far deeper than ever before, into an understanding of the heart, into an understanding of the perfect holiness of God.
- Revelation 15:3 Moses and JesusPlease tap image to see full post The mention of both Moses and Jesus the Lamb in the same sentence strengthens the idea that Jesus will be the perfect Moses, who will deliver Israel, imprisoned or exiled by the antichrist and lead them victoriously back to Jerusalem.
- Revelation 15:1 Glass and FireThe bitterness of martyrdom gives way to eternal celebration. Their victory has always been dependent upon the strength that God provides and this is reflected in the harps given to them by God. And what a glorious celebration. The enemy has been defeated and the bowls of wrath will bring this evil age to a conclusion. The joy of eternity awaits!