Hi, I am away on a short break and writing space and internet connections are in short supply. This is a short series on the identity of the rider on the white horse of Revelation 6 that I am rewriting.
Revelation 6:1 ‘I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, ‘Come!’ I looked and there before me was a white horse. Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.’
Please either listen to the short audio clip above or read the notes below or both at the same time!
We looked yesterday at how most modern commentators are in full agreement that this first rider on a white horse is a false imitation of the depiction of Christ Jesus riding a white steed as described in Revelation 19.
Revelation 19:11 ‘I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse whose rider is called Faithful and True.
Both riders, in Revelation 6:1 and 19:11, ride a white horse but this certainly does not mean they are the same person. There are just too many differences between them, as we will explore.
I am suggesting here that this rider in Revelation 6:1 is actually the deceptive Antichrist.
It is imperative that we can discern between Christ Jesus and the deceptive Antichrist, that we can tell who is who, otherwise we risk being horribly deceived in these last days.
When we read Revelation 6, there would seem to be a clear distinction between Jesus the Lamb and this rider on a white horse.
Jesus the Lamb opens the first seal to reveal a rider on a white horse. He does not open the seal to reveal himself! This would not make much sense!
It certainly makes much more sense that Jesus the Lamb opens the first seal to reveal someone other than himself! Someone such as a false imposter.
I would therefore argue again that there is a clear distinction between Christ the Lamb who opens the seal and this rider on a white horse.
This would lead me to believe that Jesus the Lamb opens the seal to reveal the Antichrist riding on a white horse, a false tyrant posing as a saviour.
thank you for reading this!
and previous posts:
- Revelation 16:1 Painful SoresAnd so we enter into a grim and melancholy chapter. There is little cheer to be found here. Those who have taken the mark of the beast, hoping to find some form of reward or relief, and having surrendered their soul to the worship of the beast in some shape or form, now find themselves reaping a bitter harvest of ugly and painful sores.
- Revelation 15:8 HolinessPlease click image and scroll down to see full picture. Once again, these precious verses remind us that God moves in heavenly righteousness. The seven angels are dressed in robes of perfect holiness and they carry the seven plagues that will purge and cleanse this corrupted world. The temple is filled with the glory of God as He brings perfect holiness and righteousness to bear down on this earth.
- Revelation 15:3 A Deeper UnderstandingPlease click image to reaf full post and scroll down. If you struggle with the horror of Revelation then you are certainly not alone. The absolute horror reflects the weight of sin that has corrupted man to the core. But as we embrace these sacred truths, they will bring us deeper, far deeper than ever before, into an understanding of the heart, into an understanding of the perfect holiness of God.
- Revelation 15:3 Moses and JesusPlease tap image to see full post The mention of both Moses and Jesus the Lamb in the same sentence strengthens the idea that Jesus will be the perfect Moses, who will deliver Israel, imprisoned or exiled by the antichrist and lead them victoriously back to Jerusalem.
- Revelation 15:1 Glass and FireThe bitterness of martyrdom gives way to eternal celebration. Their victory has always been dependent upon the strength that God provides and this is reflected in the harps given to them by God. And what a glorious celebration. The enemy has been defeated and the bowls of wrath will bring this evil age to a conclusion. The joy of eternity awaits!