Hi, I am away on a two week trip and time to write and access to internet will be limited. Please forgive if my writings are not punctual. These are writings on Stephen from Acts 6-7 which teach us much about the end-time tribulations to come.
Opposed by Religious Authorities
This morning we explore the opposition of the religious authorities.
Acts 6:9 ‘Opposition arose, however, from members of the Synagogue…’
The Early Church faced much opposition from the religious authorities.
In the end-times, both the political and the religious authorities will demand that Churches water down their message of repentance. Churches that refuse to bow to the demands of the authorities will be opposed and persecuted.
Even our best friends and family members may turn against us and this is the most bitter of cuts.
Jesus warned of the opposition the church would face.
Matthew 24:9 ‘Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.’
In particular, the Jewish people have always been a convenient scapegoat for the problems of society and this does not look like it is going to change anytime soon.
The history books of 1930’s Germany scream at us with warning and indignation
Churches that stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the Jewish people will likewise be made scapegoats and be persecuted in the same way.
John 15:18 ‘If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of this world. That is why the world hates you.’
Matthew 25:34-46 warns us of the anger of Jesus towards those who refuse to help the Jewish people during the tribulation. We can turn this around though and know the blessing we will earn by helping God’s beloved chosen people in their hour of need.
Matthew 25:36 ‘I needed clothes and you clothed me. I was sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
We need to take this warning seriously.
Tomorrow we explore the teaching of the truth of the gospel.
Thank you for reading this!
- Revelation 16:1 Painful SoresAnd so we enter into a grim and melancholy chapter. There is little cheer to be found here. Those who have taken the mark of the beast, hoping to find some form of reward or relief, and having surrendered their soul to the worship of the beast in some shape or form, now find themselves reaping a bitter harvest of ugly and painful sores.
- Revelation 15:8 HolinessPlease click image and scroll down to see full picture. Once again, these precious verses remind us that God moves in heavenly righteousness. The seven angels are dressed in robes of perfect holiness and they carry the seven plagues that will purge and cleanse this corrupted world. The temple is filled with the glory of God as He brings perfect holiness and righteousness to bear down on this earth.
- Revelation 15:3 A Deeper UnderstandingPlease click image to reaf full post and scroll down. If you struggle with the horror of Revelation then you are certainly not alone. The absolute horror reflects the weight of sin that has corrupted man to the core. But as we embrace these sacred truths, they will bring us deeper, far deeper than ever before, into an understanding of the heart, into an understanding of the perfect holiness of God.
- Revelation 15:3 Moses and JesusPlease tap image to see full post The mention of both Moses and Jesus the Lamb in the same sentence strengthens the idea that Jesus will be the perfect Moses, who will deliver Israel, imprisoned or exiled by the antichrist and lead them victoriously back to Jerusalem.
- Revelation 15:1 Glass and FireThe bitterness of martyrdom gives way to eternal celebration. Their victory has always been dependent upon the strength that God provides and this is reflected in the harps given to them by God. And what a glorious celebration. The enemy has been defeated and the bowls of wrath will bring this evil age to a conclusion. The joy of eternity awaits!