Revelation 11:19 ‘Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a great hailstorm.’
We are about to enter a time in Revelation when all hell will be set loose on this earth. An end-time beast will emerge and rage against Israel and against the saints. The middle-east will be turned upside down and the skies will turn bitter-black with despair.
Revelation 11:19 is a timely reminder of God’s sovereign reign over all the world and the vain proceedings of worldly men. All will be well for those who place their trust in God.
God’s heavenly temple is about to come to this earth, when Christ Jesus establishes his kingdom in these lands. But first comes the cleansing. The cacophony of lightning, thunder and hail storms will serve as one last gospel cry to a fallen world; one last reminder of the awesome nature of God’s wrath, one last chance for men to repent and turn from their sins.
And for those who stubbornly refuse to relinquish their false idols there is an earthquake coming.
At the heart of God’s temple stands the ark of his covenant. God reaches out with the covenant of love and mercy to all those who choose to turn and repent and receive salvation.
- Revelation 16:1 Painful SoresAnd so we enter into a grim and melancholy chapter. There is little cheer to be found here. Those who have taken the mark of the beast, hoping to find some form of reward or relief, and having surrendered their soul to the worship of the beast in some shape or form, now find themselves reaping a bitter harvest of ugly and painful sores.
- Revelation 15:8 HolinessPlease click image and scroll down to see full picture. Once again, these precious verses remind us that God moves in heavenly righteousness. The seven angels are dressed in robes of perfect holiness and they carry the seven plagues that will purge and cleanse this corrupted world. The temple is filled with the glory of God as He brings perfect holiness and righteousness to bear down on this earth.
- Revelation 15:3 A Deeper UnderstandingPlease click image to reaf full post and scroll down. If you struggle with the horror of Revelation then you are certainly not alone. The absolute horror reflects the weight of sin that has corrupted man to the core. But as we embrace these sacred truths, they will bring us deeper, far deeper than ever before, into an understanding of the heart, into an understanding of the perfect holiness of God.
- Revelation 15:3 Moses and JesusPlease tap image to see full post The mention of both Moses and Jesus the Lamb in the same sentence strengthens the idea that Jesus will be the perfect Moses, who will deliver Israel, imprisoned or exiled by the antichrist and lead them victoriously back to Jerusalem.
- Revelation 15:1 Glass and FireThe bitterness of martyrdom gives way to eternal celebration. Their victory has always been dependent upon the strength that God provides and this is reflected in the harps given to them by God. And what a glorious celebration. The enemy has been defeated and the bowls of wrath will bring this evil age to a conclusion. The joy of eternity awaits!