Continuing our study of Revelation chapter 11.
Revelation 11:7 ‘Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them and overpower and kill them.’
The beast mentioned here is the beast of Revelation 13. Here it states that it comes up from the Abyss which denotes his demonic empowering.
Revelation 13:1 ‘And I saw a beast coming out of the sea.’
The two witnesses, empowered and strengthened by God, have finished their testimony. Nothing will be able to harm them until they have finished their God-ordained task.
However, the beast will seize his moment to fight back.
Revelation 13:7 ‘He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them.’
The enemy will be fighting for his very life and launching wave upon wave of persecution.
Matthew 24:9 ‘Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death and you will be hated by all nations because of me.’
The light will be shining in the darkness yet it will seem as if the darkness has conquered the world. The church will experience a deep despondency and many will fall away from the faith. The world will believe that the church has been defeated.
Matthew 24:12 ‘Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold.’
Many will pay the price for believing in a complacent cotton-wool revival.
Those who have faithfully prepared themselves for these dark days will not be overshadowed but rather they will thrive, holding fast to the promises of the Lord, and they will help and encourage their brothers and sisters and bring many lost souls to salvation.
- Revelation 16:1 Painful SoresAnd so we enter into a grim and melancholy chapter. There is little cheer to be found here. Those who have taken the mark of the beast, hoping to find some form of reward or relief, and having surrendered their soul to the worship of the beast in some shape or form, now find themselves reaping a bitter harvest of ugly and painful sores.
- Revelation 15:8 HolinessPlease click image and scroll down to see full picture. Once again, these precious verses remind us that God moves in heavenly righteousness. The seven angels are dressed in robes of perfect holiness and they carry the seven plagues that will purge and cleanse this corrupted world. The temple is filled with the glory of God as He brings perfect holiness and righteousness to bear down on this earth.
- Revelation 15:3 A Deeper UnderstandingPlease click image to reaf full post and scroll down. If you struggle with the horror of Revelation then you are certainly not alone. The absolute horror reflects the weight of sin that has corrupted man to the core. But as we embrace these sacred truths, they will bring us deeper, far deeper than ever before, into an understanding of the heart, into an understanding of the perfect holiness of God.
- Revelation 15:3 Moses and JesusPlease tap image to see full post The mention of both Moses and Jesus the Lamb in the same sentence strengthens the idea that Jesus will be the perfect Moses, who will deliver Israel, imprisoned or exiled by the antichrist and lead them victoriously back to Jerusalem.
- Revelation 15:1 Glass and FireThe bitterness of martyrdom gives way to eternal celebration. Their victory has always been dependent upon the strength that God provides and this is reflected in the harps given to them by God. And what a glorious celebration. The enemy has been defeated and the bowls of wrath will bring this evil age to a conclusion. The joy of eternity awaits!