Continuing our study of Revelation 10.
Revelation 10:8 ‘Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me once more: “Go, take the scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land.”
We have discussed before that this angel could be our Lord Jesus and it could be another mighty angel. The land mentioned could be referring to Israel and the sea could refer to the Gentile nations. It could also simply refer to the rule and authority of our Lord over the world in its entirety
The scroll that was bound by seven seals now lies open in the hand of the mighty angel. The scroll must be of a considerable size but John will be invited to eat the scroll.
As the scroll is transferred from hand to hand it becomes a little scroll. The ‘biblion’ becomes a ‘biblaridion’.
God is very gracious. He often brings revelations that are well beyond the understanding of our mortal frame and reduces them to sizes that we are able to digest.
He sends us out to fulfill mighty tasks that are well beyond our capacity but yet His presence makes them possible.
God makes our commision possible.
And then John is asked to eat the scroll…
- Revelation 11 pt 4The different expressions for the same period of time would also show that they are actual measurements of time that are not to be spiritualised into something of our own making. This period of time will actually happen. It will be the final three-and-a-half years before Christ Jesus returns in power and glory!
- Revelation 11 pt 3The building of the Third Temple and the beginning of the daily sacrifice will bring such joy to many of the people of Israel. The treachery of the end-time beast and his desecration of the temple will be the final straw that will weaken the pride of Israel and prepare them in brokenness to receive Christ Jesus as their Messiah when he returns in power and glory.
- Revelation 11 pt 2A Third Temple must be built and the sacrifices and grain offerings to commence, so that the end-time beast can arise, bring a halt to the daily sacrifice and desecrate the temple in order to fulfil prophecies of both Jesus and Daniel.
- Revelation 11 pt 1There has always been a great expectation that a Third Temple will be built although there are clear challenges to hurdle, not least the opposition of other world religions that hold political control over the Temple Mount. Political wrestling goes on regarding the future development of the Temple and the will and expectation grows more acutely with every passing year.
- A Prayer For AfghanistanMay a spirit of praise and worship be lifted up amongst the hearts of Christians in Afghanistan, even though the praise may need to be covert and sung under their breath, may it be joyous and contagious.