Continuing our study of Revelation chapter 10.
Revelation 10:6a ‘There will be no more delay! But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.’
The times have been delayed for God has waited patiently, not wanting any to perish.
2 Peter 3:9 ‘The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.’
The martyred souls have cried out for justice.
Revelation 6:10 ‘They called out in a loud voice. “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood.’
Creation itself groans as in the pains of childbirth.
Romans 8:22 ‘We know that the whole of creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.’
For so long we have looked forward with eager anticipation to the return of Christ Jesus. At times it might have felt that his return would never happen, more an abstract concept than a reality. It is our blessed hope though.
May our hearts be prepared for the extraordinary days that lie ahead. May we not be caught indulging in some idle dream or fantasy…
Hasten the day…
- Revelation 11 pt 4The different expressions for the same period of time would also show that they are actual measurements of time that are not to be spiritualised into something of our own making. This period of time will actually happen. It will be the final three-and-a-half years before Christ Jesus returns in power and glory!
- Revelation 11 pt 3The building of the Third Temple and the beginning of the daily sacrifice will bring such joy to many of the people of Israel. The treachery of the end-time beast and his desecration of the temple will be the final straw that will weaken the pride of Israel and prepare them in brokenness to receive Christ Jesus as their Messiah when he returns in power and glory.
- Revelation 11 pt 2A Third Temple must be built and the sacrifices and grain offerings to commence, so that the end-time beast can arise, bring a halt to the daily sacrifice and desecrate the temple in order to fulfil prophecies of both Jesus and Daniel.
- Revelation 11 pt 1There has always been a great expectation that a Third Temple will be built although there are clear challenges to hurdle, not least the opposition of other world religions that hold political control over the Temple Mount. Political wrestling goes on regarding the future development of the Temple and the will and expectation grows more acutely with every passing year.
- A Prayer For AfghanistanMay a spirit of praise and worship be lifted up amongst the hearts of Christians in Afghanistan, even though the praise may need to be covert and sung under their breath, may it be joyous and contagious.