Continuing our study of Revelation chapter 10.
Revelation 10:6a ‘There will be no more delay! But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.’
The times have been delayed for God has waited patiently, not wanting any to perish.
2 Peter 3:9 ‘The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.’
The martyred souls have cried out for justice.
Revelation 6:10 ‘They called out in a loud voice. “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood.’
Creation itself groans as in the pains of childbirth.
Romans 8:22 ‘We know that the whole of creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.’
For so long we have looked forward with eager anticipation to the return of Christ Jesus. At times it might have felt that his return would never happen, more an abstract concept than a reality. It is our blessed hope though.
May our hearts be prepared for the extraordinary days that lie ahead. May we not be caught indulging in some idle dream or fantasy…
Hasten the day…
- Revelation 19:10 The Testimony of Jesus…One understanding of the testimony of Jesus is that he will return as the radiant King; and he will bring peace and righteousness to this earth when he establishes his kingdom and reigns from Jerusalem.
- Revelation 19:9 InvitedThe Church as a whole will be invited to the wedding as a corporate being but we will also be invited as individuals, by virtue of our personal salvation that we have received.For many of us who are not usually invited to high-society events and who are often left out and behind, this comes as a blessing indeed!
- Revelation 19:7 Eager AnticipationIn the same way, we are called to look forward to the day when we meet with Christ Jesus, on the day that he returns in power and glory. He is our blessed hope and our lives lived here on earth should be directed towards this coming moment.
- Revelation 19:7 A Wedding!I pray that we will live out our salvation with fear and trembling, and walk closely with our Lord, that we might walk with confidence and reassurance, knowing that we will be warmly welcomed and honoured as a guest, wearing the white robes of righteousness.
- Revelation 19:6 Hollering With JoyThis side of glory, we pass through victories and defeats, as we march faithfully on. But even the most stoic and conservative amongst us might be forgiven here for ‘hollerin and a hooterin’ around the yard and throwing his hat up wildly in the air!