Welcome to this Sunday Review. This week I finally came to the end of my study on chapters 8 and 9 of Revelation. I was glad to reach the end. Now onto chapters 10 and 11 which are fascinating chapters.
International Christian Concern put up an article reporting that China will curb online religious activities, as of March 1st 2022. Religious services may no longer be broadcast online.
Chinese organisations that operate online religious information should submit applications to provincial religious affairs departments.
Religious groups must not utilize the internet to “induce minors to become religious, organize them or force them to participate in religious activities.”
Online preaching can still take place provided they have previously obtained the Internet Religious Information Service Permit.
The writing is on the wall for the church in the West.
We all enjoy and are quite rightly blessed by our favourite online teacher or preacher but this might not always be the case. If the true gospel of Christ is deemed ‘intolerant hate speech’ by the authorities, then at some point in the future, our online resources might be closed down too.
Whilst we continue to value and invest in on-line resources, there are good reasons for also investing in, supporting and valuing our local bible teachers. They might not be as charismatic or flamboyant as the super-stars on our computer screens, but one day they might be all we have.
Please pray that an army of local bible teachers will be raised up, each faithfully carrying their part of the blessed message, that we will become an irrepressible force that no man or government will be able to undermine.
To read the full article, on the excellent International Christian Concern website, that does a great job of reporting on Christian persecution around the world, please push the blue button:
Many thanks for reading this!
- Revelation 11 pt 4The different expressions for the same period of time would also show that they are actual measurements of time that are not to be spiritualised into something of our own making. This period of time will actually happen. It will be the final three-and-a-half years before Christ Jesus returns in power and glory!
- Revelation 11 pt 3The building of the Third Temple and the beginning of the daily sacrifice will bring such joy to many of the people of Israel. The treachery of the end-time beast and his desecration of the temple will be the final straw that will weaken the pride of Israel and prepare them in brokenness to receive Christ Jesus as their Messiah when he returns in power and glory.
- Revelation 11 pt 2A Third Temple must be built and the sacrifices and grain offerings to commence, so that the end-time beast can arise, bring a halt to the daily sacrifice and desecrate the temple in order to fulfil prophecies of both Jesus and Daniel.
- Revelation 11 pt 1There has always been a great expectation that a Third Temple will be built although there are clear challenges to hurdle, not least the opposition of other world religions that hold political control over the Temple Mount. Political wrestling goes on regarding the future development of the Temple and the will and expectation grows more acutely with every passing year.
- A Prayer For AfghanistanMay a spirit of praise and worship be lifted up amongst the hearts of Christians in Afghanistan, even though the praise may need to be covert and sung under their breath, may it be joyous and contagious.