Welcome to this Sunday Review. This week I finally came to the end of my study on chapters 8 and 9 of Revelation. I was glad to reach the end. Now onto chapters 10 and 11 which are fascinating chapters.
International Christian Concern put up an article reporting that China will curb online religious activities, as of March 1st 2022. Religious services may no longer be broadcast online.
Chinese organisations that operate online religious information should submit applications to provincial religious affairs departments.
Religious groups must not utilize the internet to “induce minors to become religious, organize them or force them to participate in religious activities.”
Online preaching can still take place provided they have previously obtained the Internet Religious Information Service Permit.
The writing is on the wall for the church in the West.
We all enjoy and are quite rightly blessed by our favourite online teacher or preacher but this might not always be the case. If the true gospel of Christ is deemed ‘intolerant hate speech’ by the authorities, then at some point in the future, our online resources might be closed down too.
Whilst we continue to value and invest in on-line resources, there are good reasons for also investing in, supporting and valuing our local bible teachers. They might not be as charismatic or flamboyant as the super-stars on our computer screens, but one day they might be all we have.
Please pray that an army of local bible teachers will be raised up, each faithfully carrying their part of the blessed message, that we will become an irrepressible force that no man or government will be able to undermine.
To read the full article, on the excellent International Christian Concern website, that does a great job of reporting on Christian persecution around the world, please push the blue button:
Many thanks for reading this!
- Revelation 19:11 Faithful and TrueOur testimony is that Jesus has been faithful and true and stood alongside, through every storm that has been thrown at us, and never let go of us ever!
- Revelation 19:10 The Testimony of Jesus…One understanding of the testimony of Jesus is that he will return as the radiant King; and he will bring peace and righteousness to this earth when he establishes his kingdom and reigns from Jerusalem.
- Revelation 19:9 InvitedThe Church as a whole will be invited to the wedding as a corporate being but we will also be invited as individuals, by virtue of our personal salvation that we have received.For many of us who are not usually invited to high-society events and who are often left out and behind, this comes as a blessing indeed!
- Revelation 19:7 Eager AnticipationIn the same way, we are called to look forward to the day when we meet with Christ Jesus, on the day that he returns in power and glory. He is our blessed hope and our lives lived here on earth should be directed towards this coming moment.
- Revelation 19:7 A Wedding!I pray that we will live out our salvation with fear and trembling, and walk closely with our Lord, that we might walk with confidence and reassurance, knowing that we will be warmly welcomed and honoured as a guest, wearing the white robes of righteousness.