Having gone through the horrors of Revelation 8 and 9, we finally get to the welcome shores of chapter ten.
Revelation 10:1 ‘Then I saw another mighty angel, coming down from heaven. He was robed in a cloud with a rainbow above his head; his face was like the sun, and his legs were like fiery pillars.’
Theologians duel with flintlocks at the break of dawn as regards the identity of this angel.
Some will argue that this angel sounds like Jesus himself and certainly some of the descriptions correspond with that of Revelation chapter one.
Others are not so convinced and assert that he is a mighty angel and no more.
Revelation 10:2 ‘He planted his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land, and he gave a loud shout like the roar of a lion.’
Whoever he is, he certainly represents universal power and dominion and this comes as a sweet reassurance after the traumatic and disturbing verses of chapters eight and nine.
The Lord rules over everything.
Psalm 24:1 ‘The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.’
Tomorrow, the voice of the seven thunders speak?
- Revelation 19:11 Faithful and TrueOur testimony is that Jesus has been faithful and true and stood alongside, through every storm that has been thrown at us, and never let go of us ever!
- Revelation 19:10 The Testimony of Jesus…One understanding of the testimony of Jesus is that he will return as the radiant King; and he will bring peace and righteousness to this earth when he establishes his kingdom and reigns from Jerusalem.
- Revelation 19:9 InvitedThe Church as a whole will be invited to the wedding as a corporate being but we will also be invited as individuals, by virtue of our personal salvation that we have received.For many of us who are not usually invited to high-society events and who are often left out and behind, this comes as a blessing indeed!
- Revelation 19:7 Eager AnticipationIn the same way, we are called to look forward to the day when we meet with Christ Jesus, on the day that he returns in power and glory. He is our blessed hope and our lives lived here on earth should be directed towards this coming moment.
- Revelation 19:7 A Wedding!I pray that we will live out our salvation with fear and trembling, and walk closely with our Lord, that we might walk with confidence and reassurance, knowing that we will be warmly welcomed and honoured as a guest, wearing the white robes of righteousness.