Carrying on with our study of Revelation 8. these are dark passages I am afraid.
Revelation 8:12 ‘The fourth angel sounded his trumpet and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light and also a third of the night.’
This verse perfectly captures the gloom of the moment.
But the first four trumpet judgements have only brought partial devastation. God in His mercy still offers the hope and promise of redemption to those who repent from their ways.
In the darkness of these times, the light of the world, Jesus the Saviour, will be shining and illuminating the path to eternal glory.
Revelation 8:13 ‘As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in mid-air call out in a loud voice: “Woe! Woe! Woe! to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels.”
Right up until the last moment, people will have the chance to turn and repent. Things are about to get a whole lot worse though.
Tomorrow the locusts arrive…
- Revelation 19:10 The Testimony of Jesus…One understanding of the testimony of Jesus is that he will return as the radiant King; and he will bring peace and righteousness to this earth when he establishes his kingdom and reigns from Jerusalem.
- Revelation 19:9 InvitedThe Church as a whole will be invited to the wedding as a corporate being but we will also be invited as individuals, by virtue of our personal salvation that we have received.For many of us who are not usually invited to high-society events and who are often left out and behind, this comes as a blessing indeed!
- Revelation 19:7 Eager AnticipationIn the same way, we are called to look forward to the day when we meet with Christ Jesus, on the day that he returns in power and glory. He is our blessed hope and our lives lived here on earth should be directed towards this coming moment.
- Revelation 19:7 A Wedding!I pray that we will live out our salvation with fear and trembling, and walk closely with our Lord, that we might walk with confidence and reassurance, knowing that we will be warmly welcomed and honoured as a guest, wearing the white robes of righteousness.
- Revelation 19:6 Hollering With JoyThis side of glory, we pass through victories and defeats, as we march faithfully on. But even the most stoic and conservative amongst us might be forgiven here for ‘hollerin and a hooterin’ around the yard and throwing his hat up wildly in the air!