Carrying on with our study of Revelation 8. these are dark passages I am afraid.
Revelation 8:12 ‘The fourth angel sounded his trumpet and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light and also a third of the night.’
This verse perfectly captures the gloom of the moment.
But the first four trumpet judgements have only brought partial devastation. God in His mercy still offers the hope and promise of redemption to those who repent from their ways.
In the darkness of these times, the light of the world, Jesus the Saviour, will be shining and illuminating the path to eternal glory.
Revelation 8:13 ‘As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in mid-air call out in a loud voice: “Woe! Woe! Woe! to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels.”
Right up until the last moment, people will have the chance to turn and repent. Things are about to get a whole lot worse though.
Tomorrow the locusts arrive…
- Revelation 11 pt 4The different expressions for the same period of time would also show that they are actual measurements of time that are not to be spiritualised into something of our own making. This period of time will actually happen. It will be the final three-and-a-half years before Christ Jesus returns in power and glory!
- Revelation 11 pt 3The building of the Third Temple and the beginning of the daily sacrifice will bring such joy to many of the people of Israel. The treachery of the end-time beast and his desecration of the temple will be the final straw that will weaken the pride of Israel and prepare them in brokenness to receive Christ Jesus as their Messiah when he returns in power and glory.
- Revelation 11 pt 2A Third Temple must be built and the sacrifices and grain offerings to commence, so that the end-time beast can arise, bring a halt to the daily sacrifice and desecrate the temple in order to fulfil prophecies of both Jesus and Daniel.
- Revelation 11 pt 1There has always been a great expectation that a Third Temple will be built although there are clear challenges to hurdle, not least the opposition of other world religions that hold political control over the Temple Mount. Political wrestling goes on regarding the future development of the Temple and the will and expectation grows more acutely with every passing year.
- A Prayer For AfghanistanMay a spirit of praise and worship be lifted up amongst the hearts of Christians in Afghanistan, even though the praise may need to be covert and sung under their breath, may it be joyous and contagious.