Good morning, continuing our study of Revelation chapter eight.
Chapter 8 covers a series of events that most expect will happen in the last year of the tribulation.
Revelation 8:10 ‘The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water – the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.’
This great star, blazing like a torch, certainly sounds like a meteor, and there is not much point in assuming otherwise.
We have seen how the first trumpet fires will affect the grassland, the grazing of stock and the production of arable crops.
The second trumpet will affect sea-food which is the staple diet of many.
This third trumpet will affect drinking water, the vital necessity of life itself.
Books the size of grand pianos have been written on the subject of the identity of Wormwood and I will leave you to read them for yourselves.
Yesterday we considered how God is kicking away the struts that support the world itself. These trumpet judgements may well be coming at a fast rate, a flurry of body blows. God will still be holding out the grace of salvation but only for a while.
Tomorrow the lights will be dimmed.
- Revelation 11 pt 4The different expressions for the same period of time would also show that they are actual measurements of time that are not to be spiritualised into something of our own making. This period of time will actually happen. It will be the final three-and-a-half years before Christ Jesus returns in power and glory!
- Revelation 11 pt 3The building of the Third Temple and the beginning of the daily sacrifice will bring such joy to many of the people of Israel. The treachery of the end-time beast and his desecration of the temple will be the final straw that will weaken the pride of Israel and prepare them in brokenness to receive Christ Jesus as their Messiah when he returns in power and glory.
- Revelation 11 pt 2A Third Temple must be built and the sacrifices and grain offerings to commence, so that the end-time beast can arise, bring a halt to the daily sacrifice and desecrate the temple in order to fulfil prophecies of both Jesus and Daniel.
- Revelation 11 pt 1There has always been a great expectation that a Third Temple will be built although there are clear challenges to hurdle, not least the opposition of other world religions that hold political control over the Temple Mount. Political wrestling goes on regarding the future development of the Temple and the will and expectation grows more acutely with every passing year.
- A Prayer For AfghanistanMay a spirit of praise and worship be lifted up amongst the hearts of Christians in Afghanistan, even though the praise may need to be covert and sung under their breath, may it be joyous and contagious.