I apologise if these notes on Revelation 8 & 9 seem dreadfully gloom. They are, however, a part of scripture that cannot be ignored.
Revelation 8:8 ‘The second angel sounded his trumpet and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.’
The blazing mountain is usually understood as being an erupting volcano. The impact upon the sea will bring hunger to those who rely on sea-food for nourishment. The destruction of a third of maritime commerce will affect the world, especially if we are still dependent on the transport of oil.
One has the feeling here that God is kicking away the struts that support the world itself. And it will get even worse.
But yet there is still chance here for fallen man to turn from his ways and embrace Christ.
Tomorrow, even the drinking water will become bitter…
- Revelation 11 pt 4The different expressions for the same period of time would also show that they are actual measurements of time that are not to be spiritualised into something of our own making. This period of time will actually happen. It will be the final three-and-a-half years before Christ Jesus returns in power and glory!
- Revelation 11 pt 3The building of the Third Temple and the beginning of the daily sacrifice will bring such joy to many of the people of Israel. The treachery of the end-time beast and his desecration of the temple will be the final straw that will weaken the pride of Israel and prepare them in brokenness to receive Christ Jesus as their Messiah when he returns in power and glory.
- Revelation 11 pt 2A Third Temple must be built and the sacrifices and grain offerings to commence, so that the end-time beast can arise, bring a halt to the daily sacrifice and desecrate the temple in order to fulfil prophecies of both Jesus and Daniel.
- Revelation 11 pt 1There has always been a great expectation that a Third Temple will be built although there are clear challenges to hurdle, not least the opposition of other world religions that hold political control over the Temple Mount. Political wrestling goes on regarding the future development of the Temple and the will and expectation grows more acutely with every passing year.
- A Prayer For AfghanistanMay a spirit of praise and worship be lifted up amongst the hearts of Christians in Afghanistan, even though the praise may need to be covert and sung under their breath, may it be joyous and contagious.