Hi, continuing with our study of Revelation and chapter 8.
Revelation 8:1 ‘When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.’
Someone dryly remarked that this period of silence will allow commentators to revise and adjust their chronologies!
However, it marks a moment of dreadful intensity before the outpouring of the trumpet judgements that will have such a serious effect upon this earth.
Zephaniah 1:7 ‘Be silent before the Sovereign Lord for the day of the Lord is near.
The verse above portrays the awesome nature of the God of judgement.
Revelation 8:3 ‘Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of the saints, on the golden altar before the throne. The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of the saints, went up before God from the angel’s hand.’
Everything is working together in holy communion. The censer; the altar; the incense; the angels and the saints are joined together in common purpose.
The prayers of the saints are of vital importance here. The church will be consumed by prayer. The prayer for justice and righteousness, and the prayer for our Lord to return and establish his kingdom here on earth.
Hasten the day…
For my short e-book The Radiant King, on Revelation 1 please push the blue button.
- Revelation 19:10 The Testimony of Jesus…One understanding of the testimony of Jesus is that he will return as the radiant King; and he will bring peace and righteousness to this earth when he establishes his kingdom and reigns from Jerusalem.
- Revelation 19:9 InvitedThe Church as a whole will be invited to the wedding as a corporate being but we will also be invited as individuals, by virtue of our personal salvation that we have received.For many of us who are not usually invited to high-society events and who are often left out and behind, this comes as a blessing indeed!
- Revelation 19:7 Eager AnticipationIn the same way, we are called to look forward to the day when we meet with Christ Jesus, on the day that he returns in power and glory. He is our blessed hope and our lives lived here on earth should be directed towards this coming moment.
- Revelation 19:7 A Wedding!I pray that we will live out our salvation with fear and trembling, and walk closely with our Lord, that we might walk with confidence and reassurance, knowing that we will be warmly welcomed and honoured as a guest, wearing the white robes of righteousness.
- Revelation 19:6 Hollering With JoyThis side of glory, we pass through victories and defeats, as we march faithfully on. But even the most stoic and conservative amongst us might be forgiven here for ‘hollerin and a hooterin’ around the yard and throwing his hat up wildly in the air!