Hi, during this Christmas period, I am taking a short break from writing on the Book of Revelation and writing instead on Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. I will start again with Revelation on January 2nd.
Ephesians 1 ‘Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God.’
Paul was an unlikely candidate to become a founding apostle in the church of Christ. He was neither a brother or cousin of Jesus nor a fellow Galilean. Even worse, he had been instrumental in the persecution of the emerging church.
Yet Paul stepped out as an apostle, planting and nurturing churches, knowing that he was chosen by the will of God to serve the church in this way.
There are any number of reasons why we might consider ourselves unsuitable for the work that the Lord has prepared for us: our past history and our perceived lack of ability are two of the main reasons.
Doubts and fears will always try to halter us and hold us back but the passion of the Lord will drive us onwards. Paul knew the will of God for his life and he strode forward, obediently serving his Lord.
Whether we are called to serve as apostles planting churches, or baking cakes for our next-door neighbour, I am praying this morning that the will of God, the ‘thelema’, will become so strong in all of us, that we will step out in confidence and serve the Lord according to his will.
Thank you for reading this.
For my short e-book The Radiant King, please push the blue button.
And for my previous posts:
- Revelation 11 pt 4The different expressions for the same period of time would also show that they are actual measurements of time that are not to be spiritualised into something of our own making. This period of time will actually happen. It will be the final three-and-a-half years before Christ Jesus returns in power and glory!
- Revelation 11 pt 3The building of the Third Temple and the beginning of the daily sacrifice will bring such joy to many of the people of Israel. The treachery of the end-time beast and his desecration of the temple will be the final straw that will weaken the pride of Israel and prepare them in brokenness to receive Christ Jesus as their Messiah when he returns in power and glory.
- Revelation 11 pt 2A Third Temple must be built and the sacrifices and grain offerings to commence, so that the end-time beast can arise, bring a halt to the daily sacrifice and desecrate the temple in order to fulfil prophecies of both Jesus and Daniel.
- Revelation 11 pt 1There has always been a great expectation that a Third Temple will be built although there are clear challenges to hurdle, not least the opposition of other world religions that hold political control over the Temple Mount. Political wrestling goes on regarding the future development of the Temple and the will and expectation grows more acutely with every passing year.
- A Prayer For AfghanistanMay a spirit of praise and worship be lifted up amongst the hearts of Christians in Afghanistan, even though the praise may need to be covert and sung under their breath, may it be joyous and contagious.