Hi and welcome to this Sunday Review. The week gone by I have been doing a short series exploring some of the blessings, pitfalls and challenges of studying Revelation. I have a couple more posts to finish off on this subject this week.
Christmas is upon us! Rather than continuing with Revelation and the Trumpet judgements of chapters 8 & 9, I will be doing a short series on Ephesians during the festive break. More cheerful I hope!
I was remembering that a while back I bought a brand-new leather-bound gold-edged bible. I had visions of becoming a bible-teacher I guess. I was very chuffed with it. And then I managed to spill a cup of coffee over it. The pristine pages now have dried coffee stains in one corner.
It is still my favourite bible and the truths within continue to speak to my heart. But yet it’s outer apperance, that I was so proud of, has been marred.
A vital lesson that God does not look at the outer things but focuses upon the inner heart. And God has written this coffee-message all over my precious bible!
Thanks for reading and Happy Christmas!
To read my short e-boook The Radiant King on Revelation chapter one, please push the blue button:
My previous posts:
- Revelation 19:10 The Testimony of Jesus…One understanding of the testimony of Jesus is that he will return as the radiant King; and he will bring peace and righteousness to this earth when he establishes his kingdom and reigns from Jerusalem.
- Revelation 19:9 InvitedThe Church as a whole will be invited to the wedding as a corporate being but we will also be invited as individuals, by virtue of our personal salvation that we have received.For many of us who are not usually invited to high-society events and who are often left out and behind, this comes as a blessing indeed!
- Revelation 19:7 Eager AnticipationIn the same way, we are called to look forward to the day when we meet with Christ Jesus, on the day that he returns in power and glory. He is our blessed hope and our lives lived here on earth should be directed towards this coming moment.
- Revelation 19:7 A Wedding!I pray that we will live out our salvation with fear and trembling, and walk closely with our Lord, that we might walk with confidence and reassurance, knowing that we will be warmly welcomed and honoured as a guest, wearing the white robes of righteousness.
- Revelation 19:6 Hollering With JoyThis side of glory, we pass through victories and defeats, as we march faithfully on. But even the most stoic and conservative amongst us might be forgiven here for ‘hollerin and a hooterin’ around the yard and throwing his hat up wildly in the air!