On Being Simple
Continuing a short study on the blessings, pitfalls and challenges of studying the Book of Revelation.
Revelation was written not for the academic elite but for simple folk like myself!
Some approach Revelation as if it were an enormous puzzle. They consider every verse to be a metaphor or allegory of this or that. The book then becomes an abstract construction, more a product of their own cleverness and ingenuity than a word from God.
However, an increasing number have chosen to study this book, not as a cryptic crossword for elite scholars, but rather as a word of encouragement and instruction, especially for those facing or enduring persecution.
Much is to be gained by approaching Revelation in a simple, down-to-earth and literal fashion. There are symbols to be found, and these are very obvious, but for the most part a straight-forward approach works best.
First and foremost it is a book of immense encouragement to Christians enduring persecution. It begins and ends with the glory and power and the ultimate victory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Thank you for reading this!
To read my short e-book on Revelation chapter one please push the blue button!
- Revelation 11 pt 4The different expressions for the same period of time would also show that they are actual measurements of time that are not to be spiritualised into something of our own making. This period of time will actually happen. It will be the final three-and-a-half years before Christ Jesus returns in power and glory!
- Revelation 11 pt 3The building of the Third Temple and the beginning of the daily sacrifice will bring such joy to many of the people of Israel. The treachery of the end-time beast and his desecration of the temple will be the final straw that will weaken the pride of Israel and prepare them in brokenness to receive Christ Jesus as their Messiah when he returns in power and glory.
- Revelation 11 pt 2A Third Temple must be built and the sacrifices and grain offerings to commence, so that the end-time beast can arise, bring a halt to the daily sacrifice and desecrate the temple in order to fulfil prophecies of both Jesus and Daniel.
- Revelation 11 pt 1There has always been a great expectation that a Third Temple will be built although there are clear challenges to hurdle, not least the opposition of other world religions that hold political control over the Temple Mount. Political wrestling goes on regarding the future development of the Temple and the will and expectation grows more acutely with every passing year.
- A Prayer For AfghanistanMay a spirit of praise and worship be lifted up amongst the hearts of Christians in Afghanistan, even though the praise may need to be covert and sung under their breath, may it be joyous and contagious.