Revelation 7:15a ‘…and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. Never again will they hunger, never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them nor any scorching heat.’
This verse describes the homelessness, hunger and thirst that will be inflicted upon the Jewish people during the tribulation.
This very much aligns with Matthew 25:34 – 40.
Matthew 25:35 ‘I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave something to drink. I was a stranger and you invited me in. I needed clothes and you clothed me. I was sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
God will watch and observe how individuals, churches, and the nations of this world will react to the plight of the Jewish nation during the tribulation. Many will distance themselves from Israel for fear of being identified with them. And many will take them in and protect them, even though they endanger themselves.
During the times of the Holocaust, many courageously shielded and helped Jewish refugees to escape the clutches of the Third Reich. Their sacrifices have not been forgotten.
Matthew 25:40 ‘The King will reply, “I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”
The coming tribulation will demand much sacrifice from us as individuals and upon the nations. These will be extreme times requiring extreme measures.
Lord, we pray for our nation, that we will open up our homes, hearts and treasures to the Jewish people in their hour of need!
For my prevous posts:
- Revelation 11 pt 4The different expressions for the same period of time would also show that they are actual measurements of time that are not to be spiritualised into something of our own making. This period of time will actually happen. It will be the final three-and-a-half years before Christ Jesus returns in power and glory!
- Revelation 11 pt 3The building of the Third Temple and the beginning of the daily sacrifice will bring such joy to many of the people of Israel. The treachery of the end-time beast and his desecration of the temple will be the final straw that will weaken the pride of Israel and prepare them in brokenness to receive Christ Jesus as their Messiah when he returns in power and glory.
- Revelation 11 pt 2A Third Temple must be built and the sacrifices and grain offerings to commence, so that the end-time beast can arise, bring a halt to the daily sacrifice and desecrate the temple in order to fulfil prophecies of both Jesus and Daniel.
- Revelation 11 pt 1There has always been a great expectation that a Third Temple will be built although there are clear challenges to hurdle, not least the opposition of other world religions that hold political control over the Temple Mount. Political wrestling goes on regarding the future development of the Temple and the will and expectation grows more acutely with every passing year.
- A Prayer For AfghanistanMay a spirit of praise and worship be lifted up amongst the hearts of Christians in Afghanistan, even though the praise may need to be covert and sung under their breath, may it be joyous and contagious.