Revelation 7:15a ‘…and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. Never again will they hunger, never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them nor any scorching heat.’
This verse describes the homelessness, hunger and thirst that will be inflicted upon the Jewish people during the tribulation.
This very much aligns with Matthew 25:34 – 40.
Matthew 25:35 ‘I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave something to drink. I was a stranger and you invited me in. I needed clothes and you clothed me. I was sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
God will watch and observe how individuals, churches, and the nations of this world will react to the plight of the Jewish nation during the tribulation. Many will distance themselves from Israel for fear of being identified with them. And many will take them in and protect them, even though they endanger themselves.
During the times of the Holocaust, many courageously shielded and helped Jewish refugees to escape the clutches of the Third Reich. Their sacrifices have not been forgotten.
Matthew 25:40 ‘The King will reply, “I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”
The coming tribulation will demand much sacrifice from us as individuals and upon the nations. These will be extreme times requiring extreme measures.
Lord, we pray for our nation, that we will open up our homes, hearts and treasures to the Jewish people in their hour of need!
For my prevous posts:
- Revelation 19:10 The Testimony of Jesus…One understanding of the testimony of Jesus is that he will return as the radiant King; and he will bring peace and righteousness to this earth when he establishes his kingdom and reigns from Jerusalem.
- Revelation 19:9 InvitedThe Church as a whole will be invited to the wedding as a corporate being but we will also be invited as individuals, by virtue of our personal salvation that we have received.For many of us who are not usually invited to high-society events and who are often left out and behind, this comes as a blessing indeed!
- Revelation 19:7 Eager AnticipationIn the same way, we are called to look forward to the day when we meet with Christ Jesus, on the day that he returns in power and glory. He is our blessed hope and our lives lived here on earth should be directed towards this coming moment.
- Revelation 19:7 A Wedding!I pray that we will live out our salvation with fear and trembling, and walk closely with our Lord, that we might walk with confidence and reassurance, knowing that we will be warmly welcomed and honoured as a guest, wearing the white robes of righteousness.
- Revelation 19:6 Hollering With JoyThis side of glory, we pass through victories and defeats, as we march faithfully on. But even the most stoic and conservative amongst us might be forgiven here for ‘hollerin and a hooterin’ around the yard and throwing his hat up wildly in the air!