Hi, continuing our study of Revelation 7 and focusing on the great multitude before the throne of God.
Revelation 7:16 ‘Never again will they hunger, never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them nor any scorching heat.’
This is an absolute expression of God’s love for His people.
The tribulation will undoubtedly bring great food shortages, as the end-time beast imposes his strangle-hold upon the Middle East. Life in exile or under siege will be hard indeed. But yet the tribulation will serve its purpose and when it is brought to its end the Lord will be there to gather his children and bring them to safety.
The wedding feast awaits them!
For my previous posts:
- Revelation 19:10 The Testimony of Jesus…One understanding of the testimony of Jesus is that he will return as the radiant King; and he will bring peace and righteousness to this earth when he establishes his kingdom and reigns from Jerusalem.
- Revelation 19:9 InvitedThe Church as a whole will be invited to the wedding as a corporate being but we will also be invited as individuals, by virtue of our personal salvation that we have received.For many of us who are not usually invited to high-society events and who are often left out and behind, this comes as a blessing indeed!
- Revelation 19:7 Eager AnticipationIn the same way, we are called to look forward to the day when we meet with Christ Jesus, on the day that he returns in power and glory. He is our blessed hope and our lives lived here on earth should be directed towards this coming moment.
- Revelation 19:7 A Wedding!I pray that we will live out our salvation with fear and trembling, and walk closely with our Lord, that we might walk with confidence and reassurance, knowing that we will be warmly welcomed and honoured as a guest, wearing the white robes of righteousness.
- Revelation 19:6 Hollering With JoyThis side of glory, we pass through victories and defeats, as we march faithfully on. But even the most stoic and conservative amongst us might be forgiven here for ‘hollerin and a hooterin’ around the yard and throwing his hat up wildly in the air!