Continuing our study of Revelation 7 and the great multitude before the throne.
Revelation 7:10 ‘And they cried out in a loud voice: salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne and to the Lamb.’
Salvation comes from God.
We might be very clever indeed and assess that we are not so bad after all, that our sins are only minor and that we mean well.
But yet it is not for us to determine our spiritual condition.
God sits upon the throne and He determines and judges men.
Romans 3:22a ‘There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God….’
Our future looked bleak! But yet Romans 3:22 continues:
Romans 3:22 ‘…and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.’
The great multitude, dressed in their white robes of salvation, stand before God who is seated upon the throne and for ever and a day we will give thanks for this salvation that we did not deserve but that has been achieved by the Lamb upon the cross.
Salvation indeed belongs to our God!
For my previous posts:
- Revelation 19:10 The Testimony of Jesus…One understanding of the testimony of Jesus is that he will return as the radiant King; and he will bring peace and righteousness to this earth when he establishes his kingdom and reigns from Jerusalem.
- Revelation 19:9 InvitedThe Church as a whole will be invited to the wedding as a corporate being but we will also be invited as individuals, by virtue of our personal salvation that we have received.For many of us who are not usually invited to high-society events and who are often left out and behind, this comes as a blessing indeed!
- Revelation 19:7 Eager AnticipationIn the same way, we are called to look forward to the day when we meet with Christ Jesus, on the day that he returns in power and glory. He is our blessed hope and our lives lived here on earth should be directed towards this coming moment.
- Revelation 19:7 A Wedding!I pray that we will live out our salvation with fear and trembling, and walk closely with our Lord, that we might walk with confidence and reassurance, knowing that we will be warmly welcomed and honoured as a guest, wearing the white robes of righteousness.
- Revelation 19:6 Hollering With JoyThis side of glory, we pass through victories and defeats, as we march faithfully on. But even the most stoic and conservative amongst us might be forgiven here for ‘hollerin and a hooterin’ around the yard and throwing his hat up wildly in the air!