Hi, continuing our study into Revelation chapter seven.
Revelation 7:1 ‘After this, I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.’
The four winds describe the coming trumpet judgements of chapters eight and nine of Revelation. But yet four angels are posted to keep these winds blowing until God decrees that the right time has arrived. These judgements will bring immense chaos and disorder to this world yet God is in sovereign control.
Mankind already faces climatic disaster in the shape of flood, fires and earthquakes. These are mostly caused by the greed and negligence of man and his absolute failure to steward the planet we have been given tenure of.
In our arrogance, we believe there is a solution to the problems that plague our environment; if only we could just stop our greedy and argumentative ways – just for one moment!
But yet there is far worse to come.
The angels are holding back the winds of judgement and another angel from the east is fast approaching.
And God is seated upon His royal throne.
Psalm 47:8 ‘How awesome is the Lord Most High, the great King over all the earth.’
Praise His name!
- Revelation 11 pt 4The different expressions for the same period of time would also show that they are actual measurements of time that are not to be spiritualised into something of our own making. This period of time will actually happen. It will be the final three-and-a-half years before Christ Jesus returns in power and glory!
- Revelation 11 pt 3The building of the Third Temple and the beginning of the daily sacrifice will bring such joy to many of the people of Israel. The treachery of the end-time beast and his desecration of the temple will be the final straw that will weaken the pride of Israel and prepare them in brokenness to receive Christ Jesus as their Messiah when he returns in power and glory.
- Revelation 11 pt 2A Third Temple must be built and the sacrifices and grain offerings to commence, so that the end-time beast can arise, bring a halt to the daily sacrifice and desecrate the temple in order to fulfil prophecies of both Jesus and Daniel.
- Revelation 11 pt 1There has always been a great expectation that a Third Temple will be built although there are clear challenges to hurdle, not least the opposition of other world religions that hold political control over the Temple Mount. Political wrestling goes on regarding the future development of the Temple and the will and expectation grows more acutely with every passing year.
- A Prayer For AfghanistanMay a spirit of praise and worship be lifted up amongst the hearts of Christians in Afghanistan, even though the praise may need to be covert and sung under their breath, may it be joyous and contagious.