Hi, this is a beginning of a study into Revelation chapter seven.
Revelation 7:1 ‘After this, I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.’
It is a joy to reach the reassuring shores of Revelation chapter seven, having crawled through the trials of the previous chapter.
Revelation chapter six finished with the unrepentant peoples of this earth cowering from the wrath of God that is about to be poured out upon them.
Revelation 6:17 “For the great day of their wrath has come and who can stand?”
The question of ‘who can stand‘ is answered here in chapter seven where we are told that four angels of God stand firmly at the corners of the earth, fulfilling His purposes.
Some would claim that the angels standing at the corners of the earth is proof of a flat world but this should be taken as an idiom, a figure of speech, rather than a geographical fact. I have been walking all my life and I have never fallen over the edge yet.
Tomorrow we explore these four winds.
- Revelation 11 pt 4The different expressions for the same period of time would also show that they are actual measurements of time that are not to be spiritualised into something of our own making. This period of time will actually happen. It will be the final three-and-a-half years before Christ Jesus returns in power and glory!
- Revelation 11 pt 3The building of the Third Temple and the beginning of the daily sacrifice will bring such joy to many of the people of Israel. The treachery of the end-time beast and his desecration of the temple will be the final straw that will weaken the pride of Israel and prepare them in brokenness to receive Christ Jesus as their Messiah when he returns in power and glory.
- Revelation 11 pt 2A Third Temple must be built and the sacrifices and grain offerings to commence, so that the end-time beast can arise, bring a halt to the daily sacrifice and desecrate the temple in order to fulfil prophecies of both Jesus and Daniel.
- Revelation 11 pt 1There has always been a great expectation that a Third Temple will be built although there are clear challenges to hurdle, not least the opposition of other world religions that hold political control over the Temple Mount. Political wrestling goes on regarding the future development of the Temple and the will and expectation grows more acutely with every passing year.
- A Prayer For AfghanistanMay a spirit of praise and worship be lifted up amongst the hearts of Christians in Afghanistan, even though the praise may need to be covert and sung under their breath, may it be joyous and contagious.