Hi, this is a beginning of a study into Revelation chapter seven.
Revelation 7:1 ‘After this, I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.’
It is a joy to reach the reassuring shores of Revelation chapter seven, having crawled through the trials of the previous chapter.
Revelation chapter six finished with the unrepentant peoples of this earth cowering from the wrath of God that is about to be poured out upon them.
Revelation 6:17 “For the great day of their wrath has come and who can stand?”
The question of ‘who can stand‘ is answered here in chapter seven where we are told that four angels of God stand firmly at the corners of the earth, fulfilling His purposes.
Some would claim that the angels standing at the corners of the earth is proof of a flat world but this should be taken as an idiom, a figure of speech, rather than a geographical fact. I have been walking all my life and I have never fallen over the edge yet.
Tomorrow we explore these four winds.
- Revelation 19:10 The Testimony of Jesus…One understanding of the testimony of Jesus is that he will return as the radiant King; and he will bring peace and righteousness to this earth when he establishes his kingdom and reigns from Jerusalem.
- Revelation 19:9 InvitedThe Church as a whole will be invited to the wedding as a corporate being but we will also be invited as individuals, by virtue of our personal salvation that we have received.For many of us who are not usually invited to high-society events and who are often left out and behind, this comes as a blessing indeed!
- Revelation 19:7 Eager AnticipationIn the same way, we are called to look forward to the day when we meet with Christ Jesus, on the day that he returns in power and glory. He is our blessed hope and our lives lived here on earth should be directed towards this coming moment.
- Revelation 19:7 A Wedding!I pray that we will live out our salvation with fear and trembling, and walk closely with our Lord, that we might walk with confidence and reassurance, knowing that we will be warmly welcomed and honoured as a guest, wearing the white robes of righteousness.
- Revelation 19:6 Hollering With JoyThis side of glory, we pass through victories and defeats, as we march faithfully on. But even the most stoic and conservative amongst us might be forgiven here for ‘hollerin and a hooterin’ around the yard and throwing his hat up wildly in the air!