This is continuing my study on Revelation chapter six and the 6th Seal.
Revelation 6:17 ‘For the great day of their wrath has come and who can stand?
This is a bit of nerdy theology crammed into a small jam-jar so please bear with:
Many have argued, quite rightly, that Revelation chapter six runs remarkably parallel with the Olivet Discourse of Matthew 24. For instance, the false christ of Matthew 24:4 agrees with the false christ of Revelation 6:2.
Matthew 24:4 ‘Watch out that no-one deceives you. For many will come in my name claiming, “I am the Christ.”
Revelation 6: 2 ‘I looked and there before me was a white horse!. Its rider held a bow and he was given a crown and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.’
This pattern runs throughout Matthew 24 and Revelation 6.
Therefore, the cosmological disturbances of Matthew 24:29-30 are one and the same with the cosmological disturbances of Revelation 6:12-15. Both mark the exact same point in time.
Matthew 24:29 ‘Immediately after the distress of those days, the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light.’
Revelation 6:12 ‘I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black…’
Understanding that these two verses describe the same event is important because there is a great truth that emerges from understanding both chapters together.
I will go a little further tomorrow.
Some of the very best teachers (who teach on this much better than I can) on this subject are from Zion’s Hope who may be found here: https://www.zionshope.org
These teachers have been a constant help to me over the years and I would thoroughly recommend their teachings!
- Revelation 7 part 6But for me, the main message here is that God has chosen a number of Israelites, 144,000,that they are the first-fruits of many others, that they are sealed by salvation into Christ Jesus and they will be protected by their faithful Father.
- Revelation pt 5The 144,000 are the first-fruits: they go ahead of the multitude of Israelites who will wonderfully receive Christ Jesus as their Messiah when he returns in power and glory.
- Revelation 7 pt 4God is about to release the trumpet judgements upon the earth and the purpose of the seal on the forehead of the 144,000 is to protect them through this ordeal.
- Revelation 7: pt 3One of the most valuable lessons to understand when reading Revelation is to approach it simply, without being too clever. If it says that the 144,000 are from all the tribes of Israel then that is exactly who they are!
- Revelation 7 pt 2The four winds describe the trumpet judgements of chapters eight and nine of Revelation.But yet four angels are posted to keep these winds blowing until God decrees that the right time has arrived. These judgements will bring immense chaos and disorder to this world yet God is in sovereign control.