Continuing with a study of Revelation 6 and the sixth seal. Once again, these are rather grim verses but the joys of Revelation 7 are just two posts away. Promise!
Revelation 6:16 ‘They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!
Fallen man has always preferred to deny the existence of God, hoping in vain, that they will somehow escape his wrath. But the cosmological disturbances, the darkened sun, blood-red moon and falling stars, have concentrated their minds and they are forced to recognise both His throne and His wrath.
And in the foolishness of their darkened minds, they look for somewhere to hide.
This takes me back to Genesis where Adam and Eve, having crossed the line of transgression, now look for somewhere to hide themselves.
Genesis 3:8 ‘Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you”?
And so, at the beginning of this age and at the end, like tragic bookends, fallen man will try in vain to hide from God who sees everything.
Hebrews 4:13 ‘Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must all give an account.’
The darkness will offer them no respite at all.
Tomorrow, will Christians face the wrath of God?
For my previous posts, please click below.
- Revelation 7 part 6But for me, the main message here is that God has chosen a number of Israelites, 144,000,that they are the first-fruits of many others, that they are sealed by salvation into Christ Jesus and they will be protected by their faithful Father.
- Revelation pt 5The 144,000 are the first-fruits: they go ahead of the multitude of Israelites who will wonderfully receive Christ Jesus as their Messiah when he returns in power and glory.
- Revelation 7 pt 4God is about to release the trumpet judgements upon the earth and the purpose of the seal on the forehead of the 144,000 is to protect them through this ordeal.
- Revelation 7: pt 3One of the most valuable lessons to understand when reading Revelation is to approach it simply, without being too clever. If it says that the 144,000 are from all the tribes of Israel then that is exactly who they are!
- Revelation 7 pt 2The four winds describe the trumpet judgements of chapters eight and nine of Revelation.But yet four angels are posted to keep these winds blowing until God decrees that the right time has arrived. These judgements will bring immense chaos and disorder to this world yet God is in sovereign control.