Revelation 6:12 ‘I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake.’
The very end-times will feature a great number of earthquakes, as the earth and creation itself will groan in expectation of liberty.
Roman 8:22 ‘We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.’
Some have associated this great earthquake with Zechariah 14:4.
Zechariah 14:4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half the mountain moving south.
This dramatic verse then continues:
Zechariah 14:5 ‘You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah, king of Judah. Then the Lord my God will come and all the holy ones with him.’
The return of Christ Jesus will bring deliverance to both Israel and the Church.
Tomorrow is Sunday Review and then more on these cosmological disturbances on Monday.
Many thanks for reading this!
- Revelation 7 part 6But for me, the main message here is that God has chosen a number of Israelites, 144,000,that they are the first-fruits of many others, that they are sealed by salvation into Christ Jesus and they will be protected by their faithful Father.
- Revelation pt 5The 144,000 are the first-fruits: they go ahead of the multitude of Israelites who will wonderfully receive Christ Jesus as their Messiah when he returns in power and glory.
- Revelation 7 pt 4God is about to release the trumpet judgements upon the earth and the purpose of the seal on the forehead of the 144,000 is to protect them through this ordeal.
- Revelation 7: pt 3One of the most valuable lessons to understand when reading Revelation is to approach it simply, without being too clever. If it says that the 144,000 are from all the tribes of Israel then that is exactly who they are!
- Revelation 7 pt 2The four winds describe the trumpet judgements of chapters eight and nine of Revelation.But yet four angels are posted to keep these winds blowing until God decrees that the right time has arrived. These judgements will bring immense chaos and disorder to this world yet God is in sovereign control.